The role of this individual is to supervise the foundation installation crew to ensure a safely performed, technically appropriate and cost effective product.
Performs management function in the Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) field. Managers field EHS staff and provides functional and technical support as needed. Managers the development, implementation and maintenance of company EHS policies. Manager’s business level programs at the site level including inventory control of EHS consumables. Develops EHS management systems to support project needs including site specific EHS documents. Administers and fosters EHS continuous improvement process.
- Ensure compliance with Company policies and procedures
- Develop a working understanding of plans, specifications, permits and other jobsite requirements and constraints, and ensure all subordinates understand their responsibilities for executing same
- Supervise subordinates, subcontractors and crew operations to ensure all are conducted to high standards that meet or exceed Project requirements and Client expectations
- Oversee maintenance, care and inventory of all equipment, including availability of supplies and spare parts
- Ensure all training needs are met and current to support construction operations and regulatory requirements
- Perform EHS inspections of field operations and EHS means, methods and reporting
- Provides EHS support to Project Manager and reports
- Participate in planning of operations with the Project Manager and Engineer
- Participate in Project start-up and progress meetings
- Prepare all activity , safety and progress reports and report any problems to the Project Manager for resolution
- Conduct or monitor all safety meetings and oversee site operations to ensure safe conditions prevail
Qualifications and Education Requirements
Candidate would preferable have a B.S. in EHS field or a closely related field. Requires at a minimum OSHA 10 and 30 training, 5-10 relevant experience in heavy industrial construction with working knowledge of pile driving operations. In lieu of education requirements other professional certifications will be considered (CHST, OHST).
No recruiters please